WHAT YOU SHOULD TELL YOUR LAWYER
- Write down the name, address, and telephone number of all witnesses and a summary of testimony of each.
- When and where you were arrested and whether the police found anything pertaining to the crime in proximity to you.
- What you know about the prosecution witnesses.
- Whether you made any statements to anyone.
- Your criminal history including whether you are currently on any type of supervised release, probation or parole.
- Whether you have an alcohol or drug problem, or were using at the time of the crime charged against you.
- Anything else you think is important, for example, citizenship status, professional licenses and employment.